DORCHESTER Town interim manager Trevor Senior feels his side needs to “have a look at ourselves” ahead of the Magpies’ latest Evo-Stik Southern League Premier clash with Frome Town at the Avenue Stadium tonight (7.45pm).

Senior’s men lost 5-0 away to St Neots on Saturday, the third time they have shipped more than four goals on the road in the league this season, and the temporary boss stressed the need to “regroup” before their meeting with the Robins.

The loss also extended ten-man Dorchester’s goal drought to five games in all competitions.

Senior told Echosport: “To be honest, you can gloss it up as much as you want but 5-0 is not good and I think we need to have a look at ourselves.

“I said to the lads that there’s only one way to get out of it. Either you do it or we get someone else in. When you’re getting beaten every game it’s difficult to attract players.

“We have been talking about goalscoring but we have conceded five again. We have just got to regroup. It’s a case of doing what you’ve got to do as a manager.

“We’ve just got to keep a clean sheet. That’s the aim, and keep our heads up. We’ve got to try and be positive. We’ve got to get back to it. The lads are disappointed – it’s not good to get beaten 5-0,” he said.

Senior sprung a surprise before kick-off by placing centre-back Jordan Storey up front in the midst of the Magpies’ striker problems, and he believed the Exeter loanee acquitted himself well.

“We changed it around a bit before the game and we went with Jordan up front.

“I though without a recognised striker I’d give it a go. To be honest he was one of the plusses of the game, he worked really hard,” he said.

Talking through his side’s performance, Senior was left to rue a shot from Storey that hit the inside of the post when trailing 1-0 in the first half.

“We just switched off for their first goal. The cross came in and (Johnny Herd) finished it off. At the other end we worked a corner to Gary (Bowles) and he got up well and headed over.

“Then we worked a little move down the right-hand side and played it to Jordan who struck it well and hit the post. When things go your way it goes in,” he said.

And Senior added that Ollie Griggs’ sending off seconds before half-time “divided opinions”.

He said: “We took a quick throw-in before half-time which we should have just kept. Dom threw it in and it wasn’t the best tackle. It divided opinions whether it was a straight red or not.

“We left it about 10 minutes before we changed it after half-time. Their second squirmed out of Chris Weale’s hands for 2-0 and for the third in quick succession the marking was poor.

“It was really game over then. Conceding two quick goals is something we’ve done a few times now.”