A FINE strike from skipper Scott Walker saved the Terras’ blushes in a hard-fought FA Cup clash at Little Testwood Farm on Saturday.

Despite being two leagues below Weymouth, Totton & Eling came into the game off the back of five wins from their previous six games and pushed their opponents all the way.

The Sydenhams Wessex Premier Division outfit made life difficult throughout and at one stage held a 2-1 lead, only for the Terras to grab a replay, which will take place tomorrow night at the Bob Lucas Stadium (7.45pm).

Weymouth boss Brendon King was forced to make two changes to his starting XI for the first qualifying round tie. Kyle Critchell was rested while Craig Duff missed out due to family reasons. Alex Jeannin and Matt Groves filled the gaps.

Totton created the first chance of the game in the early exchanges when Sam Carter turned inside Sam Poole and tested Simon Evans with a decent strike, which the Weymouth keeper comfortably held.

The home forward then threatened with another effort following a fine cross from Adam Lowther before King’s men suddenly struck on 12 minutes.

Dan Smith provided the ball through for Ben Joyce and he finished superbly with a low shot into the corner of the net despite keeper Tony Harrop’s best efforts.

Thorne replied with a 30-yard free-kick that flew just over Evans’ crossbar before the Terras were on the offensive again with Stephen Reed firing just wide after more good play from the lively Smith.

The ex-Truro City forward appeared to be involved in everything and moments later he combined again with Joyce to put in Barry McConnell, who was only denied by a fine intervention from Danny Steer.

It appeared King’s men were beginning to assume full control but on 33 minutes they were stunned by a sudden equaliser when Craig Feeney sent home a fabulous header from a corner.

Unfazed, the Terras continued to create chances with Joyce seeing an effort saved and Poole heading another opportunity just wide.

Weymouth were unlucky not to be ahead at the break and their frustration continued early in the second half when Sam Carter put the home side into a shock lead by firing home an excellent free-kick.

The Terras were now under huge pressure and on 52 minutes they went close to levelling matters again when Harrop pulled off a fine save to deny Walker.

It was looking like it could be one of those days for the visitors but just nine minutes later they got the breakthrough their endeavour deserved.

McConnell provided the cross and when the ball broke to Walker, he made no mistake with a fantastic strike from the edge of the box.

Entering the last 20 minutes the drama continued to build and it was Walker that went close again when his free-kick was superbly pushed wide of a post by the impressive Harrop.

It was clear the next goal would be crucial but as hard as Weymouth tried they could not force a winner with substitute Mark Ford’s attempted lob finding the side netting with just five minutes remaining.

Carter was then denied by a fantastic save from Evans before Harrop foiled Walker and Ford at the other end as the game eventually drew to a close.

Totton: Harrop, Brock, Steer, Thorne, Ward, Lloyd, Lowther, Marwood, Feeney, Carter, Feasey. Subs not used: Green, Tessem, Jenkin, Rodrigues, Cox.

Terras: Evans, McConnell, Dixon (Ford 55), Reed, Jeannin, Poole, D Smith, Clay, Joyce, Groves, Walker. Subs not used: Critchell, Clarke, L Smith, Povall.

Bookings: Totton – Carter (56) Terras – Poole (63), Reed (89).

Attendance: 230