WEYMOUTH are halfway to gaining redemption for their FA Trophy travesty, according to boss Brendon King.
The Terras went some way to putting last Saturday’s shock defeat to Shortwood United behind him by hammering Hamworthy Recreation 7-0 in Tuesday night’s Dorset Senior Cup clash.
But atonement will only be granted if they deliver another performance tomorrow – at home to high-flying Stourbridge (3pm).
King said: “It’s going to be tough as they are one of the top sides in the league.
“They are a good side and they try and play football so it’ll be difficult, but we will learn a bit more about some of our players.
“We asked for a reaction after last Saturday’s defeat. Tuesday night was part one and tomorrow is part two.
“It was good to come back on Tuesday night as it meant we didn’t have too much time to dwell on Saturday.
“We can’t do anything about the result last Saturday, it’s gone, but what we can do is put it right tomorrow.
“It’s a massive game for us and we do tend to play better against the better sides, which may help.
“Playing a side like Stourbridge will also give us a bit of a benchmark. They are an experienced side, they are well organised and it’s going to be tough.”
One man who could hold the key to a third successive league win is in-form striker Mark Ford.
Since his elevation to the starting XI last month, the former Blandford United man has plundered seven goals in five outings – including two hat-tricks.
On the subject of Ford, Weymouth’s manager added: “We know all about what he can and can’t do. For him to be able to get his goals we have to be on the front foot.
“We know the positions we need to get into to get him to score and it all starts by being nice and solid at the back, as that gives everyone a platform.”
Lewis Clarke and Scott Dixon are the only doubts for tomorrow’s visit of the fourth-placed Glassboys.
King said: “We will see about Scott’s availability while Lewis came off last weekend with a calf injury and was suspended in the week. We will see how his injury is.”
Terras (from): Evans, Povall, McCon-nell, Walker, Dixon, Poole, Palmer, Critchell, Clay, Reed, Duff, Clarke, Wells, Joyce, Ford, Smith, Groves.
* Kettering Town’s future looks more secure after the club had its registrations and transfer embargo lifted by the Evo-Stik Southern League board.
A statement from the league reads: “The Board is pleased to announce that Kettering Town FC has satisfied all the conditions placed on it by the league within the time frame set and, as a consequence, the registrations/transfer embargo has been lifted with effect from November 1, 2012.
“However, the directors believe that it would be unrealistic for the club to be in a position to sign sufficient players in time to field a team for this coming Satur-day’s fixture at Barwell and, therefore, has reluctantly decided that the match be postponed.”