TIM Webster was the star of the show for the nomadic Weymouth Wildcats as they pulled off a 10-point triumph at the Plymouth Devils.

Initially, the Cats were scheduled to face an Exeter Falcons side but former Weymouth rider Matt Bates decided to put together a team under the Devils’ banner instead and it made for an exciting evening with Webster producing a 15-point maximum.

Tim Allan, acting manager for the Cats, said: “We did really well with some great close racing.

“Tim went through the card and was simply superb but he also received tremendous back up.

“David Mason went 10+1 and was super fast from the gate, James White-Williams went 8+1 and Luke Chessell, who was almost left without a club this year, popped in a fine win in heat 14 after Jamie Dixon offered to stand down even though I really wanted him to gain from the experience.”

Webster, who is riding for Buxton in this year’s National League, was unstoppable around the St Boniface Arena winning each of his five outings with ease.

His Hitman team-mate Dean Felton was also involved in some top wheel-to-wheel action, rolling back the years, while for the Devils, Kyle Hughes must be one of the most unfortunate riders at present.

After recently signing for Leicester, it looks like he will be sitting out the first part of the season after taking a fall in heat 10, which resulted in his withdrawal from the meeting with a hand injury.

With Jaimie Pickard splitting Web-ster and Felton in the opening heat, the Wildcats started off in a dominant mood and never looked back.

Chessell took the spoils in the reserves’ race in heat two while Luke Priest kept Johnson and White-Williams at bay in three.

Visiting skipper Mason then made a perfect start to head Richard Andrews and Tom Brown before Webster and Felton extended the Wildcats’ lead to four with Priest slotted between them.

Two more shared heats followed with wins for Mason and White-Williams before Pickard bagged only the second heat win for the Devils, following a great wheel-to-wheel race with Felton to narrow the gap to 25-23.

Priest and Pickard then picked up wins to level the score but the Wildcats soon responded with Webster and Felton taking the first 5-1 of the meeting, which was quickly followed by a victory for Bates and another maximum from Webster and Mason in heat 13.

That put Weymouth eight points up with just two to run with Chessell coming in to replace Dixon to grab the win that secured victory.

Not to be outdone Webster then completed his fine five-ride maximum taking the final heat to give the Wildcats a 10-point win.

Allan concluded: “The lads were brilliant and all the riders said they would love to ride again under the Weymouth Wildcats banner, which just goes to show the affection they have for the club.

“Plymouth promoter Mike Bowden is going to check through his calendar to see when we can sort out another fixture this year, hopefully we will be able to announce something shortly.”

Check the Wildcats official website for further details at weymouthwild