FARNBOROUGH manager Spencer Day believes the decision not to award a third penalty for his side during the 1-1 draw with Weymouth was “an absolute shocker”.

Weymouth went 1-0 up courtesy of Brandon Goodship’s instinctive finish in the 23rd minute.

Boro keeper Jack Turner made two crucial saves from Charlie Rowan but the Yellows also hit the post twice in a breathless first half.

Farnborough felt aggrieved when Weymouth goalkeeper Jared Thompson collided with forward Michael Folivi just inside the area on 56 minutes, with no spot-kick awarded.

READ MORE: Farnborough 1-1 Weymouth - report

Folivi did win a penalty ten minutes later, converted by Olly Pendlebury, and the goalscorer had the chance to win the game in the 95th minute when Jordan Norville-Williams’ free-kick clattered into the Weymouth wall.

The officials adjudged there to have been a handball but Thompson this time guessed correctly, blocking Pendlebury’s centrally directed penalty to earn Weymouth a point.

Speaking to Farnborough FC TV, Day revealed his frustration at the result while also paying credit to the Terras.

“We’re gutted when you miss a penalty in stoppage time,” he admitted. “It was an entertaining game.

“First half, I thought we dominated it but, let’s face it, we’re 1-0 down and their ball hits the inside of the post and goes in. We’ve hit the post twice and Jack Turner has made two fabulous saves.

“It could’ve been 3-2 to (Weymouth) believe it or not at half-time, I thought it was a bit basketball. We were quite poor but second half, complete domination from start to finish.

“Jack says he’s not had a save to make and we’ve absolutely bombarded them. I want to see the penalty on Michael. That looks absolutely stone wall.

“It’s an absolute shocker. Both the referee and linesman should be giving that. Obviously, we get ourselves level and it’s complete dominance but our shooting wasn’t good enough.

“We had some fabulous chances, loads of set-pieces, they really couldn’t get out of their half, they’re hanging on for dear life for 47, 48 minutes.

“Then of course you get the penalty in stoppage-time and our penalty hoodoo comes to hit us again.”

Day also highlighted how hard Weymouth worked for the point, adding: “I also want to give Weymouth some credit.

“They came with a game plan, they got their goal. They started brighter than us, I just thought it was a poor-quality game.

“We didn’t want to get out of gear again, which is an issue we’ve dealt with downstairs.

“I’m disappointed. With the amount of chances we’ve had, too many shots over the bar. Keeper’s made a great save from Reggie (Young), stone wall penalty.

“Credit Weymouth for hanging in for such a long period of time. They’re working really hard for Bobby (Wilkinson).

“It’s another point, I suppose, and we’re still unbeaten at home.”

Weymouth travel to Wimborne Town on Tuesday in the Dorset Senior Cup first round (7.45pm).