Been away on holiday and want to catch up on all the stories this week? Well look no further! Or if you are on holiday in Dorset, why not find out a little more about the local area with our handy guide to all the news you should not have missed this week.
1. A ‘Twister’ was spotted looping across the Ridgeway.
2. Weymouth Football Club looks set to get a new stadium if plans get the green light.
3. Dorset Fire and Rescue Service has launched a ‘Foodbanks and Fire’ partnership in a bid to help families across the county who are struggling to feed themselves.
4. Weymouth fireworks will be back for the Bank Holiday weekend.
5. A survey of Weymouth traffic system will take place this autumn.
6. A vicar went from couch potato to cycling star for a charity challenge.
7. The Electric palace in Bridport went up for sale.
8. Eddi Reader headlines Friday night at the Purbeck Folk Festival on August 22.
10. Students celebrated an outstanding set of A Level results.
More Budmouth College students than ever before are going to university while Weymouth College saw an 11 per cent increase in passes.